2 c. powdered sugar 1 1/2 cups peanut butter, chunky or smooth 6 Tbs. melted butter 1/2 cup chopped nuts 1 6 oz. package chocolate chips (semi-sweet) 1/3 bar of parowax Mix the first four ingredients together and form into one inch balls. This is a messy job, but licking your fingers when it’s all […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | dessert
March 23, 2010
CRUST: 2/3 cup butter 1/3 cup granulated sugar 1/2 tsp. vanilla 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour Beat together butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add flour and combine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into 12 inch greased pizza pan and bake at 300 degrees for 25-30 minutes until crust starts to brown. Let cool. FROSTING: […]
March 17, 2010
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream 2 Tbs salted butter 1/2 cup powdered sugar 1 Tbs. vanilla extract bakers cocoa powder Place all ingredients in a microwave proof bowl. Place bowl in microwave on high for thirty seconds. Take it out and stir thorougly. Place it back in for thirty additional […]
March 11, 2010
1 1/4 cup flour 3/4 tsp. soda 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 cup cream cheese 1/4 c. shortening 1/2 cup peanut butter 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 cup brown sugar 1 egg 1 tsp. vanilla 1 cup chocolate chips Sift together dry ingredients in one bowl. Cream together cheese, shortening, peanut butter, sugars, egg and vanilla. […]
January 14, 2010
This recipe was born from overripe pears I couldn’t bear to throw away. My kids love this dessert! Pears a la Mary 5 pears, halved, cored and peeled 3 Tbs. butter 5 Tbs. raspberry jam 3/4 cup chocolate chips 3 Tbs. powdered sugar 1 tsp. vanilla 2 Tbs. butter 1/4 cup heavy cream slivered […]
January 4, 2010
Crepes a la Mary I’ve been making these crepes nearly twenty years now. Forget the gimmicky crepe makers—all you need to make crepes successfully is a sturdy, non-stick pan and cooking spray. Our favorite way to eat them is Parisian style—rolled up with a smearing of Nutella inside. Raspberry jam and Nutella are also a […]
January 3, 2010
Who couldn’t resist coffee and chocolate morphed together in a brownie? I developed these several years ago as a use for my hubby’s leftover espresso. The brownies have no leavening other than eggs, so they’re decadent and rich. 3/4 cup cocoa powder (the baking kind, no sweetening) 1/2 cup old coffee or espresso 3/4 cup […]
September 26, 2005
I once asked someone for a recipe for an amazing chicken dish. Later I asked for her muffin recipe. She didn’t say no, but she never really found the time to share them. Later, I found out, she doesn’t “do” sharing. What would the world look like if we didn’t share? In my culinary world, […]
September 23, 2005
I’ve been visiting the dentist a lot. Several weeks ago, my hubby was sweet and decided to take me out to dessert. We walked to a local pizza place, sat outside and ordered ice cream. No, it wasn’t Rocky Road. Just pistache (pistachio for you Americans). And, said pistache had a wee pebble within its […]
Join the re-storied!
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot it September 29, 2011
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- 0016 – Sarah Bessey May 23, 2016
- Worth Testimony 12: Melanie LAST DAY TO GET FREE BOOK May 20, 2016
- Worth Testimony 11: Ayla May 19, 2016
- Worth Testimony 10: Sarah May 18, 2016
- Worth Testimony 9: La Kisha May 17, 2016
- Mary DeMuth: Amen, Darlene. I pray today is better....
- Simply Darlene: Thanks - Melanie, for sharing this tender story, a...
- Mary DeMuth: I hear you. It's a constant letting go, this busi...
- James Watkins: Yes, that makes total sense! I do need to let IMIT...
- Mary DeMuth: Thank you for your part, Ayla. You've been a bles...