I’ll be speaking about writing the truth tomorrow at the North Texas Christian Writers Conference. It’s a challenging talk, one that I’ve labored over a lot. It’s the kind of talk that convicts me as I say it out loud. Anne Lamott in Bird by Bird writes this challenge to all of us (not simply […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | chicken
April 22, 2010
Alfredo sauce: 1 cup heavy cream (Only eat this once a month—It’s fattening!) 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated 4 Tbs. white wine 1 Tbs. basil 1 Tbs. parsley 1 tsp oregano 1/4 cup butter 1/4 cup cream cheese 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese 1 tsp. salt ground black pepper to taste Combine all ingredients in small […]
April 14, 2010
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into one inch cubes (I usually just use leftover chicken from a roast if I am not in the mood to make soup.) 1/2 cup chopped celery 1/4 cup chopped almonds 1 apple, chopped into small dices 1/3 cup sour cream 1/3 cup mayonnaise 1 Tbs. mild […]
April 6, 2010
2 full chicken breasts, boned and cut into long strips 1/2 yellow onion, chopped finely 1 Tbs. butter 1 large apple (I used Braeburn, you could use any kind), cut into 1 inch cubes 2 Tbs good quality mild curry-powder (I buy mine at Cost Plus Imports.) 1 tsp salt 1 cup chicken broth 1/2 […]
March 3, 2010
3 boneles, skinless chicken breasts 1 onion, chopped finely 1 red bell pepper, chopped 20 or so snap sugar peas 1/2 cup chopped carrot 1 tsp sesame oil 1 clove garlic Saute above ingredients in a medium high wok until chicken is done and onions are translucent. Prepare the sweet and sour sauce as follow. […]
January 17, 2010
Our kids love this recipe, even though it’s a bit alternative! Crockpot Moroccan Chicken 2 Tbs olive oil 1 whole chicken, cut up (or more if you have a bigger family), skin off 1 onion, chopped 2 Tbs. ras el hanout spice mix (or you can use really good curry powder) a few saffron […]
January 2, 2010
(My sincerest apologies to the chicken above. She’s actually a laying hen and won’t meet her demise.) This is one of our family favorites. You can substitute a fleshy white fish (like halibut) or pork tenderloin, or even scallops. Rice hint: the proportion is typically 1 to 2. 1 part rice to two parts […]
Join the re-storied!
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot it September 29, 2011
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- Need Peace? Trust the Spirit. August 23, 2016
- How to Heal from the Past (video) August 17, 2016
- A Writers Intensive for Europeans! August 9, 2016
- The #1 Reason Why You Should Journal August 3, 2016
- Stop Controlling and Start Waiting July 25, 2016
- london: london [...]we came across a cool site which you ...
- vitamins: vitamins [...]very handful of web-sites that come...
- Mary DeMuth: No, anyone can come. I just thought that folks in ...
- make an app: make an app [...]here are some links to web sites...
- home decor: home decor [...]we prefer to honor a lot of other...