I’ll be speaking about writing the truth tomorrow at the North Texas Christian Writers Conference. It’s a challenging talk, one that I’ve labored over a lot. It’s the kind of talk that convicts me as I say it out loud. Anne Lamott in Bird by Bird writes this challenge to all of us (not simply […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | chicken
April 22, 2010
Alfredo sauce: 1 cup heavy cream (Only eat this once a month—It’s fattening!) 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated 4 Tbs. white wine 1 Tbs. basil 1 Tbs. parsley 1 tsp oregano 1/4 cup butter 1/4 cup cream cheese 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese 1 tsp. salt ground black pepper to taste Combine all ingredients in small […]
April 14, 2010
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into one inch cubes (I usually just use leftover chicken from a roast if I am not in the mood to make soup.) 1/2 cup chopped celery 1/4 cup chopped almonds 1 apple, chopped into small dices 1/3 cup sour cream 1/3 cup mayonnaise 1 Tbs. mild […]
April 6, 2010
2 full chicken breasts, boned and cut into long strips 1/2 yellow onion, chopped finely 1 Tbs. butter 1 large apple (I used Braeburn, you could use any kind), cut into 1 inch cubes 2 Tbs good quality mild curry-powder (I buy mine at Cost Plus Imports.) 1 tsp salt 1 cup chicken broth 1/2 […]
March 3, 2010
3 boneles, skinless chicken breasts 1 onion, chopped finely 1 red bell pepper, chopped 20 or so snap sugar peas 1/2 cup chopped carrot 1 tsp sesame oil 1 clove garlic Saute above ingredients in a medium high wok until chicken is done and onions are translucent. Prepare the sweet and sour sauce as follow. […]
January 17, 2010
Our kids love this recipe, even though it’s a bit alternative! Crockpot Moroccan Chicken 2 Tbs olive oil 1 whole chicken, cut up (or more if you have a bigger family), skin off 1 onion, chopped 2 Tbs. ras el hanout spice mix (or you can use really good curry powder) a few saffron […]
January 2, 2010
(My sincerest apologies to the chicken above. She’s actually a laying hen and won’t meet her demise.) This is one of our family favorites. You can substitute a fleshy white fish (like halibut) or pork tenderloin, or even scallops. Rice hint: the proportion is typically 1 to 2. 1 part rice to two parts […]
Join the re-storied!
- 30 Compelling & Creative Blog Post Ideas March 2, 2011
- May 21, 2005
- What I’m Thankful For February 4, 2009
- April 18, 2005
- January 24, 2005
- 3-2- Rachel Anne Ridge February 20, 2017
- “I am not failure.” Guest Post: Michele Cushatt February 15, 2017
- 3-1 Mary DeMuth (me!) February 13, 2017
- Happy Birthday, Aidan! February 12, 2017
- Is the American Church about the Gospel? February 9, 2017
- pdr training: pdr training [...]usually posts some incredibly e...
- pdr training: pdr training [...]please take a look at the websi...
- pdr training: pdr training [...]Here is a great Blog You might ...
- full version pc games download: full version pc games download [...]check below, ...
- Narae Shin: thank you so much for sharing your story. I have ...