I know Lisa Borden from our time in France. We were fellow missionaries with Christian Associates International. While she planted churches in Portugal, my family planted in France. One thing held us together: we were writers. The moment I read her prose, I fell in love. Lisa is one of the most stunning writers I’ve […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | cape town 2010
May 25, 2011
November 30, 2010
Last night I finished Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. As I thought about Louie Zamperini’s amazing life, it occurred to me that I’d much rather hear stories from people who have overcome obstacles and trials than those who only share their success stories in good times. In other words, I’m a little tired of leadership books […]
October 29, 2010
Seeing this seascape reminds me of how I sometimes felt alone, one girl in a big, wide world. At Cape Town the Lord was excessively good to me. When I felt lonely, I found a new friend. When I walked alone, a new person would walk beside me, and we would connect. Yet there were […]
October 27, 2010
Most of us on the South African Airways flight from Johannesburg to Dulles (Washington DC) were from the Congress. A camaraderie bustled between us. I sat next to Andrew who works with businessmen. We had a great conversation, enjoyed dinner, then landed in Dakar, Senegal to refuel. Airborne again, we chatted a bit, then both […]
October 24, 2010
At communion tonight at the close of the Cape Town 2010 congress, I again gave my writing career/ministry to Jesus. I told Him to take it all, to do what He wanted, to receive it as an offering. He reminded me, “Your job is to love Me.” And then He whispered this verse to me: […]
October 22, 2010
It may seem like a very small thing, but when I listened to Vaughan Roberts of England, he said a little phrase that stirred me way deep inside. “Word gifts,” he said. (more…)
October 21, 2010
What a blessing this day off has been. My new friend Aldyth drove me around the cape. We got to see breathtaking views, an ostrich, a seal, each other, a cute cafe (where you see the sign), the waterfront, the protea plant (yellow flower), the world cup stadium, and so much more. Click on the […]
October 17, 2010
As I write this, three African men finished praying in French. It was beautiful hearing French again, particularly in prayer. I am already overwhelmed. (more…)
October 15, 2010
I am so tired and worn out, but have had great conversations with about ten people so far. I will have wifi at the convention where I hope to blog from, but none in the hotel (except to pay an arm and a leg.) I know this sounds petty, but I won’t have a hair […]
October 14, 2010
“For you will go out with joy And be led forth with peace; The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you, And all the trees of the field will clap their hands” (Isaiah 55:12, NAS). Amen! I’m off and running. Lots of travel. Lack of sleep. A new adventure. […]
Join the re-storied!
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot it September 29, 2011
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- Like Them April 27, 2016
- 0013 – Ocieanna Fleiss April 25, 2016
- How to Get Wise: A Wee Wednesday Devotional April 20, 2016
- 0012 – Chris Burkley April 18, 2016
- You Don’t Have to Be a Good Little Girl Anymore April 13, 2016
- Mary DeMuth: Thank you, but it's a constant struggle. :)...
- Ayla: Love it. The thought of trying to earn fame & ...
- Mary DeMuth: Glad you enjoyed the post, Susan....
- Susan G.: I think 'wisdom' is in my top five of wants and ...
- Mary DeMuth: I did follow it! And I'll continue to pray about ...