This is one of my old columns from the Rowlett Lakeshore Times a couple years ago. I thought I’d resurrect it for a little levity. This is what my kids looked like when I wrote that column! *** Somewhere in the back of my tired brain, I remember something I learned in college. I remember […]
video goes here
Tag Archives | balance
June 7, 2010
I love to speak. Love to share what Jesus is doing in my heart and life. There was a time when I aggressively pursued speaking engagements, believing them to be my pathway to more book sales. While speaking is probably the best way to sell books, I soon got overwhelmed with travel and preparations. As […]
April 9, 2010
Today I had to write a hard post, detailing why I’m letting go of a great blog. Maybe you’ve been in that place where you’ve had to say no to something good in order to pursue something greater. That’s where I am. And I’m determined, by God’s grace, to walk in obedience. Which means I […]
October 9, 2009
I’ve been thinking a lot in my little bits of spare time about circles. God places people around us in varying ways. I particularly am fond of this verse: “But now God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired” (1 Corinthians 12:18). I love that He’s placed […]
February 16, 2009
Hop on over to The Master’s Artist for a lengthy (but readable) list on ways to keep up your resolutions for 2009. You can read it here.
August 19, 2005
I’m in the middle of edits of my first novel. And my poor brain is full. It’s weird to live in France and have characters from East Texas talk to me. It’s strange to go to the grocery store, tell the clerk, “Bon Apres Midi,” while “y’alls,” and “fixin’ tos” are fighting for head time. […]
October 14, 2004
We met in another city over lunch to talk about social media. He spoke of his wife; I talked about my husband and family. Our conversation began a good professional relationship that continues. Another business acquaintance shared dinner around a table with other professionals. He commented on how I looked, letting his eyes linger. I […]
Join the re-storied!
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot it September 29, 2011
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- Stop Controlling and Start Waiting July 25, 2016
- Flourish Where You’re FLUNG July 19, 2016
- When God Seems Far, Far Away … July 13, 2016
- Register now for the Restory Conference July 7, 2016
- 5 things to do when you don’t have the full story of your past July 6, 2016
- indica: indica [...]usually posts some incredibly fascina...
- kona coffee beans: kona coffee beans [...]we came across a cool web-...
- Mary DeMuth: May Spring come!...
- ANNIE EVE: Hi Mary, the word that I needed to hear today. Exa...
- Mary DeMuth: I like that word "research."...