Proverbs 4:8 says: “Cherish her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you.” The “her” in this verse is wisdom personified. Prior to this, we learn that wisdom comes from fearing (revering) God. Wisdom is something anyone can pursue—God gives it freely. But this verse uses two tender, yet compelling words […]
video goes here
February 25, 2016
We all want to live better stories, don’t we? I know I do. Part of discerning your new story is looking back on your past and figuring out destructive patterns that led you down frustrating paths. And it’s also helpful to celebrate the wins, too. It’s time to take your spiritual pulse. Look back over […]
December 31, 2015
“Do not neglect the more important things.” Matthew 23:23 As we bring 2015 to a close, I thought I’d share a prayer you can pray as you prepare your heart for 2016. Jesus reminds us in this simple sentence that there are unimportant things that can be shiny and take away our attention, and there […]
December 10, 2015
“Worry weighs a person down.” Proverbs 12:25a What a perfect verse for this time of year where nerves are frazzled, money is scarce, and relationships are stretched to the max. I thought you might enjoy a prayer to pray over your worries today. Just say these words out loud, believing that your good God loves […]
November 12, 2015
For those of you in the writing world, you know what #NanoWriMo is. But for those who think I’m dealing with small technology (nano). or maybe feasting on nanaimo bars, NanoWriMo stands for National Novel Writers Month. It happens every November, and the gist is, you commit to writing 50,000 words of your novel in […]
November 9, 2015
The gospel is a story, an amazing adventure that beckons all of us toward a God who put human skin on and tromped around in our shoes. It’s the most sacrificial love story in history, the story every story derives its meaning from. The players? A Triune God. A rebellious people. A scrappy enemy. The setting? […]
March 17, 2014
There are days that pile up upon days, endless tasks that shout for prominence, and I sit in the midst of them, overwhelmed, stretched thin, and parched. The grief of late has wrung my heart into nothing. And all I have left in my reserves is an unction to pray. So pray I will. Care […]
February 24, 2014
These past few weeks have been amazing, but exhausting. I launched Not Marked on February 10th, did several high intensity guest posts (one with 400 comments), and tried to master accounting for my company (which I am failing at). I help put on a blogging seminar, spoke for 7th and 8th grade girls, started my […]
January 4, 2013
My friend, Margaret Feinberg, has a new book and 7-session DVD Bible study called Wonderstruck: Awaken to the Nearness of God which released Christmas Day. Hers is a personal invitation for you to toss back the covers, climb out of bed, and drink in the fullness of life. This book will turn your prayer life […]
August 1, 2012
As I ran along the beach in Destin last week, the Lord reminded me of an “enemy” and how my praying for her has morphed over the years. Here’s my three-step progression Initially, I was wholly David, invoking imprecatory prayers. (These are smiting your enemies kinds of prayers, where you ask God to deal swiftly […]
Join the re-storied!
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot it September 29, 2011
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- Need Peace? Trust the Spirit. August 23, 2016
- How to Heal from the Past (video) August 17, 2016
- A Writers Intensive for Europeans! August 9, 2016
- The #1 Reason Why You Should Journal August 3, 2016
- Stop Controlling and Start Waiting July 25, 2016
- Laura: I can relate to this so much - thank you so much f...
- SATTA MATKA: SATTA MATKA [...]Wonderful story, reckoned we cou...
- SATTA MATKA: SATTA MATKA [...]Sites of interest we have a link...
- SATTA MATKA: SATTA MATKA [...]check below, are some absolutely...
- make a app: make a app [...]usually posts some incredibly int...