“Do not neglect the more important things.” Matthew 23:23 As we bring 2015 to a close, I thought I’d share a prayer you can pray as you prepare your heart for 2016. Jesus reminds us in this simple sentence that there are unimportant things that can be shiny and take away our attention, and there […]
video goes here
December 10, 2015
“Worry weighs a person down.” Proverbs 12:25a What a perfect verse for this time of year where nerves are frazzled, money is scarce, and relationships are stretched to the max. I thought you might enjoy a prayer to pray over your worries today. Just say these words out loud, believing that your good God loves […]
November 12, 2015
For those of you in the writing world, you know what #NanoWriMo is. But for those who think I’m dealing with small technology (nano). or maybe feasting on nanaimo bars, NanoWriMo stands for National Novel Writers Month. It happens every November, and the gist is, you commit to writing 50,000 words of your novel in […]
November 9, 2015
The gospel is a story, an amazing adventure that beckons all of us toward a God who put human skin on and tromped around in our shoes. It’s the most sacrificial love story in history, the story every story derives its meaning from. The players? A Triune God. A rebellious people. A scrappy enemy. The setting? […]
March 17, 2014
There are days that pile up upon days, endless tasks that shout for prominence, and I sit in the midst of them, overwhelmed, stretched thin, and parched. The grief of late has wrung my heart into nothing. And all I have left in my reserves is an unction to pray. So pray I will. Care […]
February 24, 2014
These past few weeks have been amazing, but exhausting. I launched Not Marked on February 10th, did several high intensity guest posts (one with 400 comments), and tried to master accounting for my company (which I am failing at). I help put on a blogging seminar, spoke for 7th and 8th grade girls, started my […]
January 4, 2013
My friend, Margaret Feinberg, has a new book and 7-session DVD Bible study called Wonderstruck: Awaken to the Nearness of God which released Christmas Day. Hers is a personal invitation for you to toss back the covers, climb out of bed, and drink in the fullness of life. This book will turn your prayer life […]
August 1, 2012
As I ran along the beach in Destin last week, the Lord reminded me of an “enemy” and how my praying for her has morphed over the years. Here’s my three-step progression Initially, I was wholly David, invoking imprecatory prayers. (These are smiting your enemies kinds of prayers, where you ask God to deal swiftly […]
June 16, 2012
I recently received news that my friend Twilla’s cancer has returned. Here’s the prayer I prayed for her and her family. I pray it blesses you too. … Jesus, we trust You. We choose to believe in Your greater purpose at work, though we may not like the suffering Twilla has endured. We know You […]
May 4, 2012
Dear Reader, As I wrote on Monday, I love to pray for people, particularly strangers. Here’s my Friday gift for you. May these prayers become yours. May they hit both the heart of God and your heart. And if you feel a friend needs one of these prayers, feel free to forward this to […]
Join the re-storied!
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot it September 29, 2011
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- Confession of a Frazzled One–Do you relate? February 4, 2016
- 001 – The First Ever Restory Show with Bethany Kaczmarek January 28, 2016
- 10 Traits of a grace-based friend January 26, 2016
- Fun Announcement for Live Uncaged Listeners (and anyone else) January 25, 2016
- To You who Shames Yourself January 19, 2016
- Doris Swift: Thanks! Me too! I work in the office and in minist...
- Mary DeMuth: Kathy, I hear you. I'm there with you too. Job si...
- Mary DeMuth: Thanks, good words, Doris. I fight to stay in that...
- Doris Swift: Yes, it's been quite a season of stretch and grow...
- Kathy Sturgis: Yes, everything seems confused and out of control....