So we did this remodel in the month of June (which started, actually, in May, and ended a few weeks in to July). Yep, smack dab in the middle of my “sabbatical.” We’ve been wanting to replace our very smelly, dirty carpet for some time, but always felt like we couldn’t afford it. But after […]
video goes here
how to uncage your whole family
August 14, 2014
Recently, my friend Thomas Umstattd of Author Media (who built this website) posted about Courting. It’s definitely worth a read. “Why Courtship is Fundamentally Flawed.” I’ve long pondered this idea, particularly after I Kissed Dating Goodbye hit the bookshelves so many years ago. Something about it made me uncomfortable. Not that I didn’t want to […]
June 15, 2014
My dear, sweet, smart, empathetic girl is sixteen on the 16th, and I’m so wonderfully proud of the person she’s becoming. Some of you know our scare with her in the aftermath of my trip to Haiti a little over a year ago. I’m happy to report she’s doing amazing, just finished her sophomore year […]
May 12, 2014
Here’s a collection of pictures from my son’s senior prom. They did things differently and took the light rail to the prom (instead of a limo). There are a few pics thrown in with me, my hubby and our youngest daughter Julia.
April 26, 2014
I asked Laura Haines to tell her story here because it so beautifully represents redemption and how much Jesus can heal us. I pray it blesses you. … “God can’t use a redemptive story that you’re not willing to tell.” ~ Kaci Calvaresi I happened upon these words recently. They struck me and have stuck […]
March 27, 2014
When I dig my hands in the dirt and consider it pure therapeutic joy, I thank my mom in my mind, grateful for her love for the earth. She didn’t always garden, at least not until we had ten acres and horses and the free fertilizer they provided. And even then, she had a job […]
February 11, 2014
Today my son is eighteen years old. He’s six foot four, intelligent, thoughtful and amazing. (Yes, I’m a biased mom.) I can’t wait to see what God will do with his life in the coming years. Here are 18 things I love about Aidan. He has a heart for the less fortunate. When he was […]
January 6, 2014
This post is part of the Happy Wives Club Blog Tour which I am delighted to be a part of along with hundreds of inspiring bloggers. To learn more and join us, CLICK HERE! In a quirky corner of the house, in a box tucked away, I came across a strip of paper. Dot matrix […]
January 4, 2014
Aidan and I had fun snapping these today. I can’t believe he’s a senior!!! Wow! Just a few more months before he graduates and moves on to college.
December 29, 2013
Patrick and I have been married 23 years today. What a beautiful, amazing, surprising, sweet relationship God has wrought between us. I’ll celebrate with poetry… The Journey we’ve walked together—a sonnet for my husband The years we’ve journeyed through joy’s wilderness Have brought us to a place we dared not see From evergreens and […]
Join the re-storied!
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot it September 29, 2011
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- 002–David Pothier February 8, 2016
- Confession of a Frazzled One–Do you relate? February 4, 2016
- 001 – The First Ever Restory Show with Bethany Kaczmarek January 28, 2016
- 10 Traits of a grace-based friend January 26, 2016
- Fun Announcement for Live Uncaged Listeners (and anyone else) January 25, 2016
- Mary DeMuth: I am too. But recently, it's been harder. Prayers...
- Janice Roberson: Thank you for sharing this story. Many times we tr...
- Mary DeMuth: Thank you for your prayers, they are much apprecia...
- Mary DeMuth: I'm glad David's words encouraged you, Kathy!...
- Conanjay Wallace: Mary, your books are awesome and you are a much ne...