She cried her way into Christmas Eve, one week early as usual, twenty-two years ago today. And I’m so very grateful to a merciful God who demonstrated such mercy in the person of my daughter. She is mercy. She is joy. She is lovely. Let me count the ways: She makes faces. One thousand of […]
video goes here
how to uncage your whole family
December 24, 2014
October 10, 2014
So we did this remodel in the month of June (which started, actually, in May, and ended a few weeks in to July). Yep, smack dab in the middle of my “sabbatical.” We’ve been wanting to replace our very smelly, dirty carpet for some time, but always felt like we couldn’t afford it. But after […]
August 14, 2014
Recently, my friend Thomas Umstattd of Author Media (who built this website) posted about Courting. It’s definitely worth a read. “Why Courtship is Fundamentally Flawed.” I’ve long pondered this idea, particularly after I Kissed Dating Goodbye hit the bookshelves so many years ago. Something about it made me uncomfortable. Not that I didn’t want to […]
June 15, 2014
My dear, sweet, smart, empathetic girl is sixteen on the 16th, and I’m so wonderfully proud of the person she’s becoming. Some of you know our scare with her in the aftermath of my trip to Haiti a little over a year ago. I’m happy to report she’s doing amazing, just finished her sophomore year […]
May 12, 2014
Here’s a collection of pictures from my son’s senior prom. They did things differently and took the light rail to the prom (instead of a limo). There are a few pics thrown in with me, my hubby and our youngest daughter Julia.
April 26, 2014
I asked Laura Haines to tell her story here because it so beautifully represents redemption and how much Jesus can heal us. I pray it blesses you. … “God can’t use a redemptive story that you’re not willing to tell.” ~ Kaci Calvaresi I happened upon these words recently. They struck me and have stuck […]
March 27, 2014
When I dig my hands in the dirt and consider it pure therapeutic joy, I thank my mom in my mind, grateful for her love for the earth. She didn’t always garden, at least not until we had ten acres and horses and the free fertilizer they provided. And even then, she had a job […]
February 11, 2014
Today my son is eighteen years old. He’s six foot four, intelligent, thoughtful and amazing. (Yes, I’m a biased mom.) I can’t wait to see what God will do with his life in the coming years. Here are 18 things I love about Aidan. He has a heart for the less fortunate. When he was […]
January 6, 2014
This post is part of the Happy Wives Club Blog Tour which I am delighted to be a part of along with hundreds of inspiring bloggers. To learn more and join us, CLICK HERE! In a quirky corner of the house, in a box tucked away, I came across a strip of paper. Dot matrix […]
Join the re-storied!
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot it September 29, 2011
- Called to write? 10 Ways to know. September 5, 2010
- From Haiti to the Hospital to Delirium October 13, 2012
- Why “Live Uncaged”? January 21, 2012
- How do you forgive a sexual abuser? By writing a letter March 6, 2013
- 10 Lies that Kill Your Worth April 29, 2016
- Like Them April 27, 2016
- 0013 – Ocieanna Fleiss April 25, 2016
- How to Get Wise: A Wee Wednesday Devotional April 20, 2016
- 0012 – Chris Burkley April 18, 2016
- Mary DeMuth: Thanks for the kind words, Josie....
- Mary DeMuth: Thanks Katie! I've been building this tribe since...
- Mary DeMuth: Thanks Neil!...
- Katie Andraski: Wow, what an amazing platform you have. How do you...
- Neil Westbrook: Mary, I love this post. Thank you! ...